Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 1 & 2 in UAE


Day 1

Taking SIA for the first time (unless I sat it when I was really young) was quite a good experience, except that the flight was delayed due to engineering problems. Beats budget airlines anytime obviously! haha couldn't even bring doughnuts up the plane can you believe it!

Well flight was 7 hrs, I didn't slp at all... was watching Enchanted, Juno, some Korean chef show, and some random comedies. Food served was quite nice, although portions were small.. Landed abt 11pm (singapore time) BUT only left the airport at 1am! It was due to the guitar which Kel lent to me being cracked on the side and I was trying to claim... took super long la... After that left Dubai airport to travel to Fujairah where my parents are staying. If you didn't know, United Arab Emirates is made up of 7 Emirates, Dubai is 1, Fujairah is another 1.... The drive took abt 2 hrs, and reached the hotel apartment at 3am! The drivers here are crazy, speeding as if they think they are in the movies.. they can travel like 180km/hr?!?! Bathed and went to sleep... Oh yea UAE is 4hrs behind Singapore...

Day 2

Woke up ard 1.30pm (singapore time), ate breakfast, then dad brought me for a spin... drove past the seaside which has playground!!



after that went to the market to buy veg and meat...





I don't bother to style my hair here LOL... Anyways, after taking a few photos, the shop owner suddenly took the camera off my hand and went out of the shop, leaving me STUNNED! but he was just trying to help me take a photo of me and my dad in his shop! haha



they have shops all over hanging meat jus like tat...

After that went back for lunch, slpt a little, then had to go the new house to pack! The new hse is bigger than the current one.. and looks quite cool, will take photos and show soon.. cleaned up and packed.. then went for dinner! had this reali nice pork knuckles and mixed vege.. forgot to bring camera out so no photos :S Went to the fish market after dinner, saw reali ALOT of fishes, including baby sharks... MAKES ME WANNA PRAWN NOWWWWWW!!! Haha dad bought some stuff then went back to the hotel apartment to put down the stuff, before heading out again!

This is equivalent to the Giant/Carrefour in Spore.. walked around there for awhile then came back... still not used to the time difference so i'm like always hungry or sleepy...

No comments: