Friday, March 28, 2008

It's been a blast

heyhey, its my last day in UAE so just wanna wrap up these 3 wks with some more pics! It's been a real experience seeing how things are in an Arab country, enjoying the winter while it lasted. They only have 2 seasons here, winter and summer, haha. Anyway, hope everyone is coping well, trusting God to deliver them from all harms and dangers. Enjoy the pics... =)

BBQ is a big thing over here, so they have alot of pits near the beach which u don need to pay to use, not like spore. LOL.
took a trip to visit the beach; and see people smoke shisha (yes its legal here, and its popular too)
beach was pretty nice, with soccer goalposts everywhere!
the tree looks super cute!
yes this is my secret identity. Knight In Luminous T-shirt!
look at my skill, no hands!!
had a seafood dinner theredoes this look like bugis area? Its SHARJAH, another emirate!
they have so many fondues! Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Coffee (if i'm not wrong)
this was in Baskin Robbins, really funny!
and on the way back... to my horror i saw KRISPY KREME!! If I had known earlier, I would have gone there instead of Baskin Robbins!! =(
this is... OMAN, another country... Muscat is the capital of Oman
Just in case u were wondering how coke is written in arabic...
hmm, they don't spell very well, hopefully their tailoring is much better...

We went to try a TURKISH restaurant in Oman, turned out to be the best and most expensive meal during my trip!

this is the BEST salad I've ever eaten! ROCKET salad! You could have a reaction by eating this even if ur taste buds are not very sensitive (reference to yakitate japan!) I would da-pao this for hazel if it was possible!
grilled fish! oooh so lovely!
now tell me how can I not think of prawning...
why is my mom so happy? Coz she's drinking the highly coveted Pomegranate juice!
this is in Mall of the Emirates in Dubai!
really COOL!
I promise you there are 10 pics of me trying to touch the tip before my dad actually succeeded
wow they have it here too! feels quite Spore doesnt it... Its in 'Dragon Mart', a mall selling chinese stuff...
BIG NEWS: THEY SELL THE CHINA SAUSAGE HERE TOO (those who have gone to Liannan will understand me)
wonder wats on the ground? Its all FISH!
yes they have Fish & Co too, pretty chair isn't it!
this place is run by actual chinese so the food actually got standard!
mooooooooooooooooooooooo
(whatever sound ostriches make)
and to sum up everything, DESERT!

Q: You know something really interesting?




A: God knows how much sand there is. =)

No comments: